Why Volunteer for SDGF?
Volunteering at SDGF is a fun opportunity to grow your skills/talents, make new friends, and help create an awesome experience for SDGF attendees. Plus, you'll receive a complimentary GA ticket to SDGF 2017!
Please read through the FAQs, volunteer descriptions, and terms & conditions before applying. Volunteer positions will be assigned based on festival needs, but plan on working one 4-hour shift.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 8pm PST. After May 21, 2017, you may still apply, but you may be wait-listed. Not all applicants are guaranteed selection.
If accepted, you will receive an email with your position and the details of the schedule. As a volunteer, you hold a vital role important to the success of the festival, and we appreciate your help!
Can't wait to see you at the DeAnza Springs Resort this June 10th!
What are the requirements to volunteer for SDGF?
• Volunteers must be 21 years or older on or before Friday, June 9, 2017.
• Must have a valid email address that will be the main way of communication.
• Volunteers must be on time for their shift, wearing appropriate attire.
• There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal drugs for volunteers during their shift.
What's the shift like?
• All volunteers will arrive 15 minutes before their shift and work approximately four hours. For pre-festival volunteers, you will be there on Friday, June 9, 2017, mostly in helping decorate the event and help set up the stages. On the festival day, Saturday, June 10, 2017, volunteers will have several options (see descriptions), like being a greeter, general assistance, helping with the stage management, etc. Post-festival volunteers will be helping out on Sunday, June 11, 2017 by cleaning up and breaking down the festival.
My friend is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
• When you and your friend fill out your applications, be sure to indicate their name. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs, we cannot guarantee that you will share assignments with your friends, but we will definitely try!
What if I have to cancel?
How can I assure that I get on my preferred volunteer crew?
• There are no guarantees of volunteer crew placements. If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew, please note that on the application. We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to lend a helping hand!
Is transportation or accommodation provided?
• No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. One (1) GA ticket is given per volunteer for your work, which includes the ability to tent camp, but you must provide your own tent/equipment.
I already bought a ticket, but I would still like to help out for a few hours. Can I do that?
• We appreciate the offer, but for the sake of continuity and planning, we need volunteers who can commit to working a 4 hour shift at an assigned location.
If your question is not answered in these FAQs, contact us at sdgypsyfest [AT] gmail.com.
(All volunteer positions are for the day of the festival, unless otherwise specified).
Pre-Festival Set Up - Visual Design (June 9 and June 10)
Help create the atmosphere of the festival. Hang signs, put up tables and tents, etc. Creative eye and attention to detail are preferred.
Pre-Festival Set Up - Stage Construction (June 9 and June 10)
Help construct and assemble the stages. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. Previous experience with tools and building is welcomed.
Ensure that the stage and surrounding area is clean and safe during the festival. Help the sound guys with what they need. Musical experience is a definite plus.
Help maintain efficient entry into the festival. Check IDs and tickets. Marshal traffic to the correct parking area. Greet and direct festival goers. Distribute wristbands and manage day-of ticket purchasing.
Direct campers to their camping location. Explain the resources, facilities, recycling/waste management.
Check in bands and vendors upon arrival. Handle all performer inquiries.
Sell festival merchandise and bottled water. Cash handling experience is a plus.
Assist the festival organizer and event coordinators. Fill in the gaps of any other positions when needed. General gofers.
CleanUp Crew (June 11 only)
Dismantle stage/tents/tables/etc. Collect trash/recycling and signage.
Volunteer Application Form
Please fill out all of the required information below.